OFFICE OF THE RETURNING OFFICER
RAMINDER SINGH SAHOTA
B.Com; LLB; PG Dip BM & IA; CAIIB; MICA;
[Empanelled Administrator by Registrar of Co-operative Societies]
B-404 Lovely Home CGHS Ltd, Plot No.5, Sector-5, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110075
Whereas the undersigned has been appointed as Returning Officer vide society’s letter dated 27th February, 2021 in terms of Section-35(1) of the DCS Act, 2003 to hold the election of the Managing Committee of “The New Cosmopolitan Co-operative Group Housing Society Ltd”, Plot No.33, Sector–10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075. For maintaining complete transparency, a page on my web-site has been created for the members.
Now, therefore I, RAMINDER SINGH SAHOTA, the Returning Officer, do hereby call a Special General Body Meeting of the aforesaid society on 25-04-2021 (Sunday) at 11 a.m., in the premises of the Society, for conducting the election for 01 (One) post of President, 01 (one) post of Vice President and 3 (three) post of member of Managing Committee. Out of total five posts, two (2) posts are reserved for women. The election is being held under the provision of Schedule-II appended to Rule 53 of the DCS Rules, 2007 read with relevant provisions to DCS Act, 2003 and DCS Rules, 2007. The term of all the posts shall be three years [Sec 35(3)]. This notice is sent to all the members, placed on Main Notice Board of the society and also at a page of website https://cghsltd.com/ created especially for this purpose and for transparency among all.
|1||Issue of Nomination Forms (free of cost)||Till
|As per timings of society office||Office of society and download from website|
|2||Filing of Nomination Forms with Security fee||18/04/2021||10 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.||The Returning Officer at the office of Society|
|3||Display of list of contesting candidates||20/04/2021||At 6 p.m.||Office of society, MNB and Website|
|4||Objections / Withdrawal by candidate / member||22/04/2021||Till 5 p.m.||The Returning Officer on his E-Mail|
|5||Display of list of final contesting candidates||23/04/2021||At 6 p.m.||Office of society, MNB and Website|
|6||Polling if necessary||25/04/2021||At 11 a.m.||At the office of Society|
The Nomination forms can be obtained free of cost from the Office of the Society and may also be downloaded from your society’s page at the website of the Returning Officer. Nomination forms duly filled along with Rs.1,000/- in cash security (deposit) should be filed/handed over to the undersigned personally by the Candidate or Proposer or Seconder, on the date and time mentioned above. Proof of Membership, identity, residence and security amount are essential.
In case, the candidate gets less than 1/6th of the total votes polled, the security deposit shall be forfeited and person shall be debarred to contest election for subsequent 2 terms. No person shall be eligible to contest election on two seats simultaneously. Further, the Candidate or Proposer or Seconded should not be a defaulter. A member shall not be eligible to contest the election, if he/she has not completed minimum period of one year from the date of acquiring membership in the society to the date of filing of the nomination [Rule 54(h)]. In case of joint members, only the member whose name stands first or (associate member having SPOA with sufficient reasons) shall contest or cast vote. The identity of the candidate, proposer, seconder or the voter, as the case may be, will be established beyond reasonable doubt to the satisfaction of the Returning Officer.
The list of members [Rule 33] along with the list of Defaulter members [Rule 34] of the aforesaid Society are displayed on the Notice Board and also at the web site of society for information of the members. The procedure if not followed as per Rule 29(f) shall be to the satisfaction of RO. The interested members can obtain the membership list by downloading from web site of the Society free of any cost or they can obtain from the society office against payment of prescribed fees (Rs.50/-), as per Rule 33 of the DCS Rules 2007.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE
The Special General Meeting shall start at the premises of the society on the fixed date at 11 a.m. If polling is necessary, voters shall vote from 11 a.m. to 11:55 a.m. If polling is NOT held, the quorum of the meeting will be observed up to 11:30 a.m. In case the quorum (1/3rd) is not complete, the meeting will / shall stand adjourned for fifteen (15) minutes and then adjourned meeting for the election shall be take place at 11.45 a.m. at same place on the same day. Please note that, in the adjourned SGM, no quorum shall be necessary in terms of the Rule 48 of the DCS Rules 2007.
COUNTING OF VOTES
The counting of votes if required will commence after the polling is over or as announced by the Returning Officer. The managing committee is to arrange suitable persons to help in conducting & counting of votes and they should reach by 6 p.m. at above residential address of Returning Officer for training for conduct of election; one (1) day before the date of election. Candidates or their authorised agent shall be allowed to witness the activities of counting of votes. The result of election will be declared immediately by Returning Officer on completion of the counting procedure Or at the end of the Special General Meeting.
- As per provisions in the DCS Act 2003 & DCS Rules, 2007 (especially Section 24), the defaulter members are neither eligible to contest the elections nor entitled to cast their votes. However, in case, they make the payment of their dues before the date of filing of nomination to the society and produce the proof thereof to the undersigned, they will not be treated as defaulters and shall be allowed to contest the election as well cast the votes. It is informed that the Society has supplied the list of defaulter members, which is available at the web site of Returning Officer and is also displayed at the Notice Board of the society.
- Members are advised to check the list of defaulters to avoid any inconvenience at the time of filling of nominations and at the time of polling. It is further informed that no person shall be eligible to contest election, if he/she incurs disqualification as laid down U/Sec 25 and 35 of the DCS Act, 2003 and Rule 54 of the DCS Rules, 2007, beside other provisions of the DCS Act, the DCS Rules & Bye Laws of the society.
- All the members are requested to bring their proof to their identification by way of identity card issued by the Election Commission of India or Aadhar Card or Driving License or any other documents related for their identification to facilitate the smooth conduct of election.
- Suggestions / Complaints if any member, should be sent by email or speed post to the Returning Officer. In urgency, Returning Officer may be contacted on his mobile too.
- In case of Joint name of 2 or more persons in one membership, the name whose name is first, shall be eligible to vote or stand for election in terms of Sec 25(b).
- Members who have sold their flats are not entitled to vote as per Sec 25 (d) and the persons who have purchased the flats but have not been made members are not entitled to vote.
- Managing Committee is to ensure sufficient sanitisation at the entrance of meeting hall / Polling area and Sitting/ Waiting space in view of COVID-19.
- All are to strictly wear mask and persons not adhering shall not be allowed by Security / Returning Officer / Managing Committee.
- Social distancing is to be maintained by one and all at all times. All are to ensure.
- Managing Committee is to make additional security personnel available with my consent, if the election is to take place.
- The Bye Laws provided to me are made as per old DCS Act, 1972 & DCS Rules, 1973. Therefore, all are informed that this election is subject to the DCS Act, 2003 and the DCS Rules, 2007. A copy is made available on my web-site for you.
- The Managing Committee is also required to inform local Police Station and also the Beat Constable of the area for gathering of persons for the purpose of election.
RAMINDER SINGH SAHOTA
Copy to: –
- Individual Members of the society by speed post. -Sent by speed post on 9-4-21
- ARCS, O/O “The Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Sansad Marg, New Delhi- 110001” -sent by speed post on 9-4-21 alongwith List of members and Defaulters
- Main Notice Board of the Society and Website of society/returning officer. Sent 9-4-21
- In-charge of Adhoc Committee (Mr. Mohit Pandey) of New Cosmopolitan CGHS Ltd. For action of managing committee and co-ordination with police.
- Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-1 by E-Mail.